Monday, July 28, 2008

Wall-E cupcake goodies!!

A couple of days ago I stopped by Michael's to grab some wrapping paper.  As I was standing in the checkout line I spied Wilton's giant cupcake pan on the end of an aisle.  After I finished paying, I walked over to the aisle in question and discovered that Michael's had an entire aisle dedicated to cupcakes and cake decoration.  There were sprinkles, chunky sugar crystals, nonpareils, and icing dye in every color of the rainbow.  Half of one side of the aisle housed pastry tips of all shapes and sizes.  There were mini, regular, and jumbo cupcake liners in a plethora of patterns.  My jaw nearly hit the floor.

I managed to restrain myself quite admirably, but couldn't resist when I spotted the set of Wall-E products.  I passed over the cake pan (I thought it would be too difficult to replicate the example decoration), but picked up the cupcake liners and the cupcake toppers.  As I've mentioned before, I work for my own robotics company, and every year on our robots' birthdays I bake them cupcakes.  I can't wait until our little boy's birthday next year.  He's going to be so surprised!

No comments: